Wetland Centre of Excellence Scholarship
This year, DUC will award up to three, $1,000 scholarships.
You may qualify for Ducks Unlimited Canada’s Wetland Centre of Excellence Scholarship.
- Are you involved in your community’s Wetland Centre of Excellence?
- Do you care deeply about the future of wetlands and the environment?
- Are you pursuing a higher education in a conservation-related field?
- Have participated in a Wetland Centre of Excellence in the last five years
- Have not received this scholarship before
- Have Canadian citizenship or be a permanent resident
- Be enrolled in or awaiting acceptance from a Canadian-based, post-secondary educational institution (college, trade, university, CEGEP1) in an environmental or related field for the upcoming fall semester
- Field of studies accepted but not limited to: Fields of study may include, but are not limited to: environmental sciences, natural resources management, education, environment, agriculture and more.
- Have an average grade of 70% or higher in Grade 11 and first semester of Grade 12.
"I'm going up to the Pas, to UCN, for their natural resource management program to hopefully become a game warden or a conservation officer"
Timeline for Application
- Applications accepted from February 2 to March 2.
- Scholarship winners chosen and informed by end of April.
- Funds awarded in September upon proof of enrolment.
- Applicant’s level of engagement with the Wetland Centre of Excellence program.
- Relevance of the proposed field of study to DUC’s conservation efforts.
- Quality of the application.
- Complete the application form
- Attach a copy of your Grade 11 and first semester Grade 12 grades transcript
- Attach a letter of recommendation from your Wetland Centre of Excellence leader