Wetland Centres of Excellence - creating a meaningful impact
We are Wetland Centres of Excellence
Wetland Centres of Excellence are a national network of schools and community partners engaging students in wetland conservation through action projects, student-to-student mentored field trips, and outreach in their communities.
We support DUC’s conservation efforts by engaging and empowering young people in meaningful experiences.
Empowering youth to change the future
- Develop hard skills in the field through action projects
- Develop soft skills through teamwork, mentorship, and taking initiative
- Facilitates exposure to conservation practices and careers
- Gain access to an exclusive WCE student scholarship
Linking students and teachers through
- Exclusive webinars and case studies
- Members-only resource website
- Regional meet-ups
- WCE Leaders can apply to attend Duck University, to learn directly from DUC scientists